Join our three day Smart City Foundational Masterclass
for professionals, practitioners, policy makers and executives
WHO IS TASC FOR?
The Academy for Smarter Communities is born out of an ambition to create smarter and more livable communities – and to facilitate those that lead such efforts. TASC supports individuals and organizations in their efforts to develop, implement and manage ‘smart city’ endeavors effectively. And not just cities, but also regions and smaller municipalities – any community preparing to become smarter and more livable.
TASC provides high end Smarter Community Masterclasses to advance the skills and competencies of professionals, practitioners, executives and elected leaders in this new discipline.
TASC masterclasses convey a shared language, knowledge and know-how, and proven methodologies. TASC fosters an evolving global community of practitioners and leaders, and provides tailored, structured guidance during and post-training.
WHERE AND BY WHO?
TASC Masterclasses are conducted by ‘the best-of-the-best’ of subject matter experts and facilitators. We provide our training through both open enrollment classes, as well as masterclasses dedicated to – and organized in – TASC’s Anchor Cities across continents.
Join our first Open Enrollment Masterclass, Copenhagen, September 10-12, 2018. Check our calendar for Masterclasses confirmed in Europe, Dubai and the USA.
LEARN, SHARE, BUILD, PREPARE
- Understand the methodologies, technologies, policies and business architectures that prepare your
community for success.
- There cannot be a one-size-fits-all strategy. Learn to build your own.
- Learn from the successes and failures of some the most prominent practitioners globally.
- Lay the fundament for you and your organization for an effective innovation journey.
- Explore TASC’s expanded curriculum of classes and specialized training.
What, why and why now?
Challenges and pitfalls
Data and data analytics
Proof of value, ethics and citizen engagement
The foundational masterclass guides you through a broad sprectrum of Smart City aspects over the course of three days. Each day is divided into two blocks focusing on specific themes
- On day 1 you will be introduced to taxonomies, definitions, comparative analysis of differing approaches, strategies and missions. The second block of the day focuses on the digital fundamentals – the art of connecting everything.
- On day 2 we continue with the digital fundamentals – from data management to blockchain, to cybersecurity and back. The second block dives into organizational framework. Here you will learn how to organize for success. Relevant themes could be procurement and delivery models, governance, ecosystem management, citizen engagement and regulatory approaches.
- Day 3 is about win-win strategies – how to drive value. How do we go from pilots to scale? The session focuses on proof of value, good design, ethics, skills and competencies. Finally, you will conclude your Masterclass with planning your next steps.