From the 19th to the 21st of november, in Barcellona will take place the Smart City Expo World Congress.
The event to promote social innovation for a better future for cities and citizens around the world. The congress is based on values such as social inclusion and sustainability and promotes reflections on smart urban revolution. Many companies and institutions support the initiative, for example the European Commission, Cisco, Huawei, Microsoft and Siemens.
How is the event structured?
The event will last three days and proposes 3 zones: the conference area, the Expo and the area where debates and side activities will be held.
The part of the congress will be developed on 5 main themes:
- Digital transformation, everything related to the fourth industrial revolution, artificial intelligence, connectivity for data-driven cities and security in the age of the digital economy.
- Urban environment, which will talk about how technology can help cities reduce emissions and improve the environment in which we live.
- Mobility, where ideas will be presented to create a real smart mobility that is green and respectful of those who use it to get around.
- Governance and finance, where public administration is at the heart of the debate. We will talk about co-cities, e-government and strategies for smart cities.
- Inclusive & sharing cities, which will talk about culture, creativity and economics applied to cities for the development of a better place to live.
More than 800 international organizations will be present in the Expo area to present their latest projects to the world; while in the area for activities there will be many workshops and debates on the various themes of the congress.
Who’s going to be there?
The event will be discussed by business leaders, entrepreneurs and academics from all over the world. One example is Janette Sadik-Khan, a global urban transformation expert and NYC Transportation Commissioner from 2007 to 2013. Another speaker is Roland Busch, CTO of Siemens and president of Siemens Mobility GmbH, a leading smart mobility company. Our Co-founder Raffaele Gareri will also be present at the 3 days in Barcelona, on his return we will be told about his impressions.
Why is it important to go there?
The event is a reference point for the urban development sector. During the congress there will be institutions, companies and academics who will discuss all the latest news in the field. A moment of deepening and discovering new ways to develop a better world.